Wednesday, April 05, 2006

April showers

"Memories of winter are dragged in the hallway,
A trail of salt and the slag melting snow,
And she said, 'All my life I have loved you the same;
Watch where you're walking, you're dragging that shit in again.'"

-- Eighty Eight, The Affordable Floors



On the way to school yesterday, Zoe insisted she wanted snow. Ain't happening, I told her. It's over, and we get good weather now until next winter, and she can ride her bike after school since it will be light out now with daylight saving time. I even went so far as to tell her about fun with water balloons.

Twenty-four hours later, when she looked out the window this morning, she told me, "It's not enough snow." Yep. There was snow out there, all right. Not enough for Zoe, apparently.

I got here in November. I spent Thanksgiving in Pittsburgh. I'm almost certain I saw snow before the month was out, if I didn't experience a crash course in how to get the stuff off my car without getting it into my shoes and down the inside of my coat.

It's April now. IT SNOWED LAST NIGHT. I'm not a math whiz, but even I can figure out that for six of the 12 months of whatever it is Pittsburgh calls seasons, IT SNOWED.

This just ain't right.


But an even bigger shocker today: Katie Couric changed jobs! Who the hell saw that coming.

And, shit, it took the networks long enough to get around to interviewing Art Buchwald. I'm sure some producer said, "That guy's still fucking alive??" This has "Tuesdays with Morrie" written all over it. Wonder who's doing the novel.

No comments: