Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A ... pause

"Live right now, just be yourself.
It doesn't matter if it's good enough
For someone else."

-- The Middle, Jimmy Eat World



WHERE IS THE SUN-SENTINEL'S PULITZER???

I just thought I'd chime in: I'm very disappointed. With all the weird shit going on in Florida, and all the worthy stuff the SS covered so well, I find it hard to believe. There really is no other place like South Florida, as I'm more acutely aware of now that I'm no longer there.

Maybe next year. I repeat one of my favorite editor's sentiments: Hopefully it's not for hurricane coverage.



House-hunting often reminds me of Florida. Not only because everything I love is out of my price range, but because some of the suburbs look remarkably like certain parts of Florida. Joe and I walked through some of Sewickley today, and it was so much like Stuart, with charming homes in the alleyways and a main street full of shops. Everything is in bloom and the weather is perfect now, so it's the best of everything -- if you can overlook that the nearest beach is Lake Erie and it's a three-hour drive away.

We've also looked at some of the new development, which also reminds me of Florida, in a bad way: It's all NEW.

I guess there's something to be said for being the first to live in a house, but I don't think that guarantees that nothing is wrong with it, that there are no hidden problems. But I am keeping an open mind. There are a couple more considerations now....

I was buckling Zoe into her car seat after dinner tonight, and I guess Joe was watching me. He was shaking his head. "What???" I asked.

"You don't have long at work."

UGH. I knew that a week ago, and I can't even say I've been in denial of how big I've gotten.

I am thinking about telling my boss this week: I'm pregnant.

Then I'll think about telling my dad. In the meantime I'll continue avoiding him. Good thing we work opposite shifts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Chrissy. We won't use that other term (knocked up). Signed the Sun-Sentinel desk.