Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Mixed results


Among things Floridians take for granted: Ducks in the back yard.


I got back from Florida yesterday and headed back to work today.

It's funny, after a day or two in Florida, I felt like I never left. Then, after a day in Pittsburgh, I felt like I never left.

It's an identity crisis! I don't know if I'm shopping at Giant Eagle or Winn-Dixie.


Zoe makes brownies with Dad.


Zoe hangs with the girls.



Joe and I were playing house with mixed results for some time before I left, but when I got home he wouldn't let me back in. I'm not sure exactly why. We had argued about Zoe and how I handle custody, which frankly I think is none of his business, and in the end he told me that if Zoe was the most important person in my life (which I claimed in an argument) then I didn't belong in his.

I'm a little stunned by it. We were looking for a house together, he asked me to marry him, we were looking at college funds. Now I'm shopping for a lawyer and planning to deliver a baby without him. Great.

My primary emotion is relief. And I can't explain why. Maybe because I found out what kind of a man he is (or isn't) before I started hating him. Of course I'm kicking myself for believing the string of bullshit he was feeding me, but I can't dwell on it or I'll go crazy.

No comments: