Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Like a good neighbor...

I went outside after work and shoveled snow. It was peaceful and quiet. And I wondered why the rest of my neighbors weren't digging out from under the day's snowfall.


I guess I should check the forecast more often. It has been coming down so hard in the three hours since I shoveled that it looks as though I didn't touch my driveway, minus some small bare spots where apparently I spilled enough salt.

I don't get this snow thing. Isn't it too cold to snow??? ISN'T 20 DEGREES TOO COLD FOR ANYTHING?

Anyway, my neighbors are apparently onto the fact that no amount of shoveling and salt was going to have any effect by morning. I need to catch on to these things. Like when they don't water in the summer because of impending torrential downpours (and I'm out there with my hose) and when they don't put garbage out (and I'm out the next morning dragging shit back into the garage wondering why garbage men get freakin' Grandparents' Day off).

No comments: