Saturday, January 31, 2009

The week

Illness swept the house once again this week. If I wasn't cleaning puke off walls and beds, I was throwing up in my own right.

Last weekend started off well! I reunited with my goddaughter, who is now 15 years old, smart as a whip and funny as hell. Here is Alex, with her dad Gary:


I lost touch with her mom over the years, and after joining Facebook a few months ago, I caught up with a few people who managed to put me in contact with Gary, who now has sole custody of Alex. They came for dinner, and as nervous as I was, I was so pleased to finally see Alex again after all these years.

Another pseudo-milestone this week: Zoe lost her seventh tooth.



We were all finally feeling better today, and since it was such a lovely day, I joined Zoe in the back yard, sledding, tossing snowballs and otherwise ignoring the cold.



We opted out of parties this weekend to have our own Super Bowl party, mostly so we could actually WATCH the game rather than mingle and catch cheers when something good happened. And as we know, lots of good will happen. LET'S GO STEELERS!

No comments: