Monday, September 03, 2007

Nothing mini about it

I had a busy couple of days cleaning up after the party, and today Tom and I dragged the kids around, half the time appeasing them and half the time getting done what we needed to get done.

It was the first time in a while we had all four kids together, and as we were getting ready to return tables and chairs to my aunt early in the afternoon, I came down to the garage fully expecting to follow Tom in his minivan before he stopped me.

"You don't think you're going to follow me all the way over there, do you?"

From Collier to the South Hills.... well... yeah....

He had already put my car seats in his minivan, and it kind of caught me off guard. Me... minivan.... four kids... Tom... 15 miles there, 15 miles back. Are we ready for this???

"We got to do it sometime," Tom said. "Why not today?"

So we piled in the kids... me... minivan... four kids... Tom... 15 miles there, 15 miles back.

We survived, and decided to go to the driving range to celebrate the success. His son is actually damn good at driving, but us girls grew tired at our lack of coordination and insisted on a round of miniature golf.

Now I know why people drive minivans. It has a lot to do with lack of vanity, and a good deal to do with hearty off-key singing to Beastie Boys.

Tom and I agree that when all the kids have gone off to college, we're getting a Jaguar.


The brood



Scorekeepers



Florida foliage?



By the water



They're GRRRRRREAT!



Sundown



Happiness

No comments: