Saturday, September 01, 2007

Party on

I liked to entertain a lot when I lived in Florida, but my parties were usually small. Six, maybe 10 people. I think I squeezed in maybe 15 once, and thinking back, I remember vowing never to do that again in my tiny apartment.

It's been several years since I've really gone all out, and with a new house and Zoe's birthday, I did it!!

I can't say enough about friends, right off the bat. Aimee cooked the corn, Meredith kept tabs on the kids, Tom grilled his ass off. "We got it covered," they kept saying. "Go socialize!"

They knew it was the first time I was having my family over, and it just never occurred to me how much I would need their help. I guess it occurred to them... Zoe had a wonderful time for her birthday, and I owe a lot to those who worked behind the scenes, buying supplies, setting up, bringing last-minute details I had forgotten.

Eight kids and 20 adults later, we pulled it off!!







No comments: