Sunday, September 30, 2007

There's always next week

"My time is a piece of wax fallin' on a termite
That's chokin' on the splinters."

-- Loser, Beck


Tom and I went to the preseason Pens game against the Sabres on Friday, and it was pretty exciting to be up that high in the nosebleed section... with my fear of heights and all that. When I finally started paying attention to the game instead of worrying about everyone potentially tumbling out of the balcony section, I really enjoyed myself.

It was 5-5 and with 28 seconds left in the game, Buffalo scored. Tom jumped up. "Let's go."

OH NO. HE'S THAT KIND OF SPORTS FAN. I bet he doesn't watch the credits after a movie or linger at lunch because he didn't put much in the parking meter.

Trusting his instinct, and the instincts of about 25% of the people in the arena, I left with him. As we were winding our way down, wouldn't you know it... the Pens scored. I can't remember if I smacked him before or after I raced back inside.

The goal was too late, apparently right at the buzzer, and I probably saved my ticker some unnecessary pumpage via adrenaline, so I guess I should be thankful.

Then the Steelers flopped today. My picks sucked for the week too. I'm down and out.

No comments: