Saturday, January 19, 2008

Apologies to whose seat I soiled

Last night I had the most phenomenal seats at the Penguins game.


We could see the players coming on and off the ice... we were RIGHT THERE next to where they make their way to and from the the locker room. Unfortunately, I also had to watch Sidney Crosby come off the ice in incredible pain, suffering a high ankle sprain, we later learned.

I've been to a handful of hockey games since I've been back in Pittsburgh. My boss has season tickets and offers them to one of us once in a while. From where I was sitting last night, I determined that those seats are here:


In the interest of full disclosure.... I have been seeing a childhood friend for a couple of months, I guess, and he managed to wrangle someone's season tickets from their cold hands and get us there.


I've been in boxes and right on the glass when the Pens came to Florida, but nothing compared to this. It was really remarkable. And I'm sure it had a little something to do with the company! Liam disappeared in the third period and returned with an official Pens jersey for me, so I can stop wearing my Steelers gear to hockey games.


The Pens didn't win. But it really didn't matter. I had a blast.

No comments: