Thursday, January 31, 2008

Winter blahs

I actually watched the evening newscast for the weather tonight. I rarely do this, because I really don't wanna know. It makes for a great morning.

But I had heard something about freezing rain -- more importantly, I had heard something about all the salt trucks ready for freezing rain -- and I had to laugh. Last time I heard about "salt trucks" being "ready," I drove nine miles to work in first gear hoping I didn't slide off a cliff.

I sprinkled my driveway with calcium chloride, wishing that as the raindrops fell upon the substance, they would coil in terror. "Why was I sent to this driveway? Aaaahhhhhh!"

But more likely, they will fall fast and swiftly and wash it all away, taking a hit for those that fall behind them, screaming, "Take that! And enjoy your fender scraping against your retaining wall!!"

Zoe asked me tonight if it would be summertime by Valentine's Day.

Wouldn't that be nice.

No comments: