Monday, April 07, 2008

Overheard in close quarters

Coworker1: Hey, how was your weeeeeeekend?

Coworker2: Fine.

CW1: That's it? Fine?

CW2: Uh, busy? Short.

CW1: OK, like, I had to go to marriage classes with Joe.

CW2:

CW1: We had to do all kinds of stuff, like listen to a lecture and do a questionnaire.

CW2: Did you learn anything?

CW1: Welllllll, when we had to do the essay part, we had to go into separate rooms. They asked very meaningful questions. But while I was in there writing, Joe texted me and asked if he could just text me the essay rather than write it down.

CW2: Wouldn't that be more work?

CW1: No, Joe doesn't like to write.

CW2:

CW1: But he did write it. It was nice.

CW2:

CW1: It was the nicest thing he ever said to me.

CW2: Why are you taking a class to get married?

CW1: So he can get married in my church.

CW2: So, are you still getting married? Did you guys pass the test?

CW1: Oh, there was no exam or anything.

No comments: