Sunday, June 29, 2008

Miss you, baby


"I see your picture.
I smell your skin on
The empty pillow next to mine.
You have only been gone ten days,
But already I'm wasting away.
I know I'll see you again
Whether far or soon.
But I need you to know that I care."

-- I Miss You, Incubus


I swear -- and I will, for the hell of it: FUCK -- that I don't know what to do with myself without Zoe here. She has gone to her dad's in North Carolina, and Jacob is just as lost as I am. For the first few days, he kept pounding on the back door yelling, "Oooooooh Eeeeeee!"

I love that she's getting this time with her dad. I really do. I'm just at loose ends. On nights I don't have Jacob... it's like... super lonely.


And super quiet.

I am grateful for the time I get to talk to her, and though I try not to intrude, sometimes we do.



No comments: