Friday, June 27, 2008

Take me out

Liam called me up and told me he had free tickets to a Pirates game Friday night. Four tickets, for me, him and his two girls... Jacob should be able to get in for free.

My first thought was, "Man, I wish Zoe was here."

My second thought was, "Wow, think of all the money we'd save on cotton candy and ice cream and [insert ballpark food here] because Zoe's not here."

After a little research, I found that those under 30" were admitted free. Jacob is a whopping 34". He's in the 95th percentile for his height. I figured I could argue with someone at the gate, make a legal case if I had to, but instead we breezed through with me being the amazing actress I am, acting like a confused blond mom.


OK, the confused-blond-mom act wasn't much of a stretch. And we had the best seats! I didn't expect them to be so good, but they were right behind home plate, beyond the Lexus seats -- where they practically do everything for you except expel your bodily functions for you.


Liam and I expected the kids to last a couple of innings, we'd get something to eat, wander around the ballpark and call it a night. But, amazingly, the kids were all spectacularly well-behaved and outlasted the grownups.


We didn't make it the whole game, but that was more us than the kids. It was hot and humid and the Pirates were (SHOCKINGLY) not doing so well.

No comments: