Sunday, August 24, 2008

Company bash

The first summer I was back in Pittsburgh, I was pregnant. I went to our company picnic at Kennywood, but I could ride nothing. NOTHING.

The second summer Jacob was still an infant, but we had several adults in our group so I held out hope I'd get to ride. Then one of the kids got sick and took home with him half the adults. And then it rained. And rained. I rode only the Pittfall. IN THE RAIN.

This year, when I bought my tickets in July, I was completely convinced that I would diss the kids and ride my ass off. Then I was in a car accident a couple of weeks before the trip. Didn't even get to do the Pittfall. But I did ride some Pirate thing in Kiddieland that nearly made me hurl.

But so far this was the best trip since my post-Florida days, and we covered only a fraction of the park. Jacob got to ride for the first time, and the kids in our group were very accommodating, even though some were too tall for a few of the Kiddieland rides.


Liam, Jacob and Cowboy Joe.


Jacob isn't too keen on the plastic horse business.


Zoe shows him how it's done right.


The girls show Jacob what all the fuss is about.


By mid-afternoon, we can't get Jacob off the rides.

No comments: