Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Football

"The weekend comes to this town
Seven days too soon."

-- Let It Rock, Bon Jovi



Every week I pick against the Jets now. I loved Favre until he pulled this stunt. Everyone I tell this to argues with me that he was soooooo wronged.

He made "Something About Mary" tolerable. I'll give him that. But his legacy is tarnished, and I don't think too many people can argue with that. What was he peddling in that commercial where he was tossing a ball across the lake with his family on the farm? Well, I'll never buy THAT again!

But the Steelers... WELL.

In the spirit of fans, I offer this Tuesday morning quarterback commentary: Wees wernt lookin so good dare for a while, den ben pict it up an den wees wint to o-ertime, en dat team wees wuz playin punnid back to us, an wees got dat feeld gowl.

There's something about Reed.

I wish I got a picture of Jacob watching MNF. He was all settled in, pointing at the TV, and got pissed when a commercial came on. He's my boy!

No comments: