Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Who let the dogs out?

"Dream, when you're feeling blue.
Dream, that's the thing to do.
Just watch the smoke rising, rise in the air;
You'll find your share of memories there."

-- Dream, Roy Orbison


Only two more days on nights!!!! I've set a deadline: I'm going to start looking for my own home within a month. I should be able to swing it, paying off my moving debt and winding up the child support crap.

My dogs ran away again today. I spent the afternoon either driving around looking for them or looking out the window, down the hill, hoping I'd see them trotting back. They ran away yesterday when my sister let them out, and a couple driving home from taking their own dog to the vet for emergency surgery put them in the back of their car and brought them to us. I felt so bad when I saw the back of their car, but they dismissed the muddy mess as nothing. I'm glad they had leather seats so they could at least wipe it clean.

My dad found my dogs today. I had to get ready for work, so he took a turn in my car, and he found them down in the woods.

I do not have leather seats. And it's quite muddy out. My car is.... disgusting. I've been driving a co-worker home after work and I had forgotten that my car was all doggy, and when we opened the car, I had to take a step back. OH MY. I explained the smell to her and listened to all her dog stories the whole ride home.

I'm glad she's not a cat lover.

It makes me mad that the pups think my dad is in charge now. When anyone else tries to discipline them, (or let them out to pee!) they don't listen. It's not my dad's fault, but shit, I don't need to wake up every day to chasing after missing animals. And when I get my own house, will they listen to me again? (Oh wait, did they ever??)

All this driving around the neighborhood has given me a glimpse of for-sale signs on houses. There aren't a lot of them, so they do stand out to me. I am sooooo hungry for my own house. And there are some really nice ones I can afford. I'll have so much space I'll get lost in my own house...

I have a four-day weekend coming up... it looks like one of those days will be spent scrubbing down the mutts and cleaning out the car. I'll certainly remember to put blankets in the car afterward.

Maybe another day will be spent finding a real estate agent.

No comments: