Sunday, July 16, 2006

Veggie madness

My brother has grown the biggest kohlrabi I have ever seen. It measures 21 inches around and weighs about five and a half pounds.



For the uninitiated, kohlrabi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohlrabi) normally ranges between the size of a tennis ball and a softball. We have yet to dig into this monster to determine if it tastes any different; for now, it is making its rounds through the neighborhood.

My brother also gave us a zucchini the size of my lower leg. I didn't get a photo of that, but there's sure to be more to come: Many gardeners often grow this yummy veggie too big to have any taste. But baked in the oven with a can of tomato sauce and smothered with American cheese, any vegetable tastes good. Even Zoe ate zucchini for the first time.

No comments: