Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Times are tough

My time at home has been mostly preoccupied with projects that cost me little to no money. So, I turned my attention to my basement. Even though I have been living in this house for less than two years, I have accumulated a good deal of CRAP.

Much of it is stuff the kids have outgrown. I put the broken stuff on the curb, and I stuffed my trunk full of old stuffed animals and not-quite-good-enough-for-my-friends clothing.

Tonight I headed to Goodwill to drop the stuff off, and I coaxed Zoe inside to "shop." I actually found a few neat things... a flower box that looks like a picket fence, and the horse-head-on-a-broom-stick (is there an official name for this stupid toy??) that Zoe asks for every time we see one in a toy store. Both for under three bucks each!

The store also had rows and rows of purses, handbags, clutches. I have been feeding my belongings into bigger and bigger purses and have run out of room, so Zoe and I browsed the selection, and I actually found a bag that I like that is quite roomier than anything I own. My only goal was to be able to stop carrying a diaper bag for Jacob, but to have something big enough to throw in a couple of diapers and a sippy cup.

Wouldn't you know, I get the purse home and as I start rifling through all the pockets, I realize what I've bought: A diaper bag.

I now have a diaper bag for a purse.

And strangely, it doesn't really bother me.

No comments: