Tuesday, September 20, 2005

An old flame

"So I walk upon high
And I step to the edge
To see my world below
And I laugh at myself
While the tears roll down
'Cause it's the world I know
It's the world I know"

- Collective Soul, The World I know

Well, my two bosses called me in the office today and asked about my custody issues, which have luckily been dragged out just long enough for me to hear that they'd be willing to give me references.

"Don't let the door hit you in the ass!"

I feel so lost. It's been so long since I've looked for a job. And doing it from 1,000 miles away seems ridiculous.

I got a list of names and addresses together and I'll be sending my stuff out this week. I said that last week but I've just felt so overwhelmed that I put it off. I did apply to a dozen places online here and in Pittsburgh, but I'm hoping I don't get bites here.

My boyfriend is giving me grief, I have jury duty next week and my company has written me off after 10 years. But this is where I have been for so long, it's hard to imagine being somewhere else. It would be different if I didn't have my daughter, but I'd be ripping her out of everything she knows too.

The sooner the better probably. I can fall in love with a new place. I can I can I can. :)

Oh, wait, it's an old place. It's like a reunion.

It's home. I have to remind myself of that. It's home. I wanna go home, right?

No comments: