Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sell by 12-09-07

"When you work out where to draw the line,
Your guess is as good as mine."

-- God Put a Smile Upon Your Face, Coldplay



I have an expiration date.

My friends kid me about this... to the point where I almost live by it. If I don't give up on a guy after a date or two, my breaking point with a guy appears to be set at about three months.

It's nothing intuitive, like, hey, it's been three months, let's assess.

It's more like, OK, I'TS BEEN LONG ENOUGH. I GET IT ALL NOW. And I'm not happy. And it happens to be three months in. It's uncanny.

Aimee asked me at the beginning of February "So how's it going? You're about halfway there."

I couldn't tell at that time. My guess was another one would probably bite the dust.


Liam and I have passed my critical three-month marker. And now I'm left with either reassessing my strategy, or accepting that I have something real here.



I think I am falling in love.



I think, in fact, that I'm most of the way there.

No comments: