Monday, March 31, 2008

True love(s)

My therapist was hard on me today.

I don't normally want to talk about my therapy, as it is not so much therapy as someone to bitch to. In fact, I went in there saying that I had much of the same to bitch about as last month, and that I feel like a broken record.

So, he challenged me.

I'm tired of bitching about Joe. I'm tired of bitching about life. Things, on balance, are better now than worse. I still have a lot to get through, and don't I know it, but I do realize now that I need to make significant changes.

What I think is curious is that I didn't think I was consumed so much with my custody case, but I came out of there thinking... my custody case is a habit. The therapist called it an addiction, but we compromised and called it an obsession.

My son is at stake.

I listened to my weekend voicemails, and I had one from Zoe's dad. He wanted to talk to her, but said he'd try her "next weekend."

That's not what I want for my daughter: A sometimes dad.

Or my son: A dad who hates the boy's mother.

I need to try harder. For both of them.

No comments: