Sunday, January 01, 2006

Bowled over?

"And so it is,
Just like you said it should be.
We'll both forget the breeze
Most of the time.

I can't take my mind off of you..."

-- The Blower's Daughter, Damien Rice



For New Year's Eve, Zoe and I went cosmic bowling with three of my cousins and their kids. I forgot my camera, which is a damn shame since I couldn't document me kicking Zoe's butt.

OK, maybe I didn't do any butt-kicking. OK, maybe I bowl worse than a 4-year-old.

The first game we tied at 98 (bumper bowling, yes, and I have to credit those bumpers with a couple of my spares, yeah I'm that bad, er, lucky) and after that my cousins just made fun of me! "Aim for where those pins are," Mark quipped. Har har.

Zoe had a great time her first time bowling.

Me, I was feeling guilty, I think! It was on my way there that I started to feel like I had never left Pittsburgh; I was zipping around barely lit streets in the rain with total hillage and glare and conditions that render any mirror in the car useless... It was a very odd feeling, and I could feel my skin crawling when I realized the thought I was having. It was like ... I was cheating on Florida!

But I can't stop thinking about Lauderdale...

I'm driving illegally now, still on my FL license and plate. *GASP* I'm so bad. :) If a cop pulls me over, it won't be hard for me to tell him that I'm not sure if I'm a resident of PA or not yet.

But I've had a few slivers of feeling like... maybe it's all coming together. Maybe I am here for good. And maybe I'm happy about it.

Maybe.

No comments: