Sunday, January 22, 2006

Just in time

"If you've ever known love,
If you've ever known peace,
If you've ever known joy,

If you've ever known war,
If you've ever known pain,
If you've ever said no,
Make sure that you are on time"

-- You Are the World, Live


Recently, my timing is strangely coincidental.

I left a job I love and shortly after there was a wave of uncertainty about cuts and layoffs. I discovered that at my new employment, they weren't really hiring, but my boss was making a push for a design desk and was looking for someone to lead it. I scored days on top of that, even though when I walked out of the interview I felt I would have nothing more than a night editing job offer.

Hurricane Wilma offered a strange transition from Florida to PA. It was a convenient disguise for leaving.

I made it back to the Burgh in time for the holidays and got to reconnect with family in one fell swoop. Single moms with kids my daughter's age just seem to be falling into my lap. I found a great school and pediatrician for Zoe on the first try. It seems every time I bitch about something in my blog, my fortune immediately changes. The love life shows potential, though I'm keeping it at arm's length for now. And I got a serious crash course in snow-driving before I actually started the new job, but the weather has been mild ever since.

So why do I summarize the blog?

BECAUSE NOTHING, NOTHING TOPS BEING HERE TO SEE THE STEELERS GO TO THE SUPER BOWL!!


It is one thing I can't describe as bittersweet.

Since when am I so damn lucky???

GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GOOOOOOOOOOO



My A1 concept published nearly intact. I'm not crazy about the headline they came up with, but I found a lot of papers struggled to nail anything better.

No comments: