Thursday, October 13, 2005

No Pain, No Gain

"When your day is long
And the night is yours alone
And you're sure you've had enough of this life
Hang on
Don't let yourself go
Because everybody cries
Everybody hurts
Sometimes."

REM - Everybody Hurts

I HURT.

Today I had the strangest pain in my foot. It felt like sparks just shooting out. I went for a walk and my knee felt numb... like it would give out. I called my sister, who had knee surgery recently, and told her I was having sympathy pains.

I got home from work and felt a throbbing spasm in my lower back. Yesterday my neck was killing me but today it feels fine. My shoulder is locking up from time to time.

OK, something's up here. My body is disagreeing with my personal decisions? I'm 32!!!I refuse to believe it is just because I got older in one day!! I told Rebecca I was convinced I had cancer or something and she laughed. She's 50, so she knows what she's laughing about. So I feel less freaked out. But I still ache in weird ass places.

Zoe's dad will take her to Tampa for a few days starting Sunday morning while I'm on my interview in Pittsburgh. Since he has her Saturdays, tomorrow will be the last day I see her until Tuesday night. I am going to miss her so much.

It will give me the time to concentrate on the interview though, as much as I don't wish I had to. The editor in Pittsburgh was supposed to send me materials for review, but I'm thinking he forgot, since I don't have anything yet. I don't even know if I'll have to take a standard editing test. Perhaps I should suggest it, since I know I would ace it. When I call him he seems rather distracted; I wonder by what! Today he told me to show up for the interview "around 10:30. But don't worry if you're late. I probably will be."

Hell, I will probably show up early just so someone can stick me with the managing editor or someone else who knows what he or she is doing.

I got a call from WQED today too, for a sales position. HA! Anyone who knows me knows I am not cut out for sales. I had sent my resume for an editorial position! I called back and left a voice mail saying as much, and she called me back and said that she was leaving for the day, but to call her back tomorrow. OK, I'll bite. Tomorrow.

No comments: