Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Gimme shelter

"I don't really need you
And I won't care when we're through...

The water will fall
And wash away my doubts,
Wash away my resolve..."

--Shelter, The Affordable Floors



I prequalified for a mortgage today. I got my first round of listings.

Holy freakin' *^@(# *#J*& and *JHJ#@^$^. Why didn't someone tell me it would start off this easy? I imagined a pile of paperwork, but I was on the road moments later without ever seeing the people I'm dealing with.

I took Friday afternoon off and Aimee and I are hitting the bricks, doing drive-bys. My favorite so far:
http://www.northwood.com/property/property.asp?PRM_MLSNumber=575946&PRM_MlsName=Westpenn

If you can get over the mulchy crap (I imagine wildflowers; oooh, lawn guy) and the steps (oooooh, snow-shoveler guy) then it's not so hard to imagine that the house is a little unusual in architecture for the Burgh.

Or why it reminds me of Florida.

Tons to see though... I'm off and running.



My new guy....

I'm gritting my teeth as I type this: I'm starting to wonder if starting something up right now is a sound idea.

So many changes, so many charged feelings. Many differences, but too much feeling like I'm right at home.

No comments: