Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Steeler festivities

I bolted over to the parade that was supposed to start at 11, but nothing happened for at least an hour. I held out as long as I could.

It was madness though. I spent an hour out in the cold that included a round-trip jaunt over a rather breezy bridge. My chapped face is now peeling off, but it was worth it, to bask in that fan glow for a while. At one point I looked around and wondered how we would make it back to the office.

When I did make it back to the office, a couple of coworkers gathered watching the parade on TV took a look at me: "Been on the bridge, eh?"

Busted. Wild flyaway hair, runny nose, tearing eyes, red ears, numb extremities. You'll find no evidence of that in these photos.


The parade is over there. Somewhere.



A Channel 11 reporter interviews fans.



People climbed fire exits, found their way to rooftops, crowded windows... whatever they could to get a glimpse.



Gateway Center, from a nearby parking garage.



From Game Day:


Look out, it's the TERRIBLE HOUSE.



The babushka mama and her cohort.



Zoe and me, ready to fear the crazy streets and head home.

No comments: