Thursday, February 02, 2006

HOLY $#!%

I'm in the middle of organizing the biggest project I have ever tackled, and my boss, from his office, starts screaming.

No one else moves, but I sit up from slumping over my printouts all over the floor. He comes running out of the office holding his head. Still, no one looks up.

"Are you OK???" I ask.

"He just broke his neck!!!" Boss yells. He's got his arm wrapped around his head.

I just stared at him... I didn't know how to respond to that.

He unwrapped himself and faced me. "The hockey player. It happened yesterday. He went through four hours of surgery today, but this is the first time I saw the clip on TV of him getting slammed into the glass."

"Oh." Glad they found something other than the Steelers to put on TV.

"You haven't been here long enough to know this: I'm good at letting people know what's on TV at any given moment."

I might have looked at him sideways. I like something about this new boss. I have no idea exactly what it is.

No comments: