Monday, February 06, 2006

Toothdown!

My, uh, wisdom tooth has arrived.

I was eating spinach dip yesterday at the Super Bowl party and I was all -- how do Pittsburghers say it -- jacked up that I had something stuck in the back of my mouth.

Upon further investigation and clarification, I do indeed have a new tooth that has punctured the surface.

Me: "Dad, guess what? One of my wisdom teeth is coming in!"

Dad: "Give it to me. I need some."

Me: "What, teeth? Or wisdom?"

Dad: "Ahhhhhhh.............."


You'd think it would hurt with all the complaining Zoe did with her teething. I had an unexplained headache for a few days that I still don't know is explained. And I have a solid three weeks before I can fit in a dentist appointment.

How does this happen in your 30s???

Ben Roethlisberger was so cute on Letterman tonight. I'm glad I stayed up to watch it, despite the fact that I might have to work 20 hours tomorrow and not see my kid. I confess, a small portion of those hours will be spent trekking to the parade to get a glimpse of my Steelers.

I sure hope it's not cold. In the middle of February. Along those breezy rivers. In the windy valley. On that exposed bridge.

No comments: