Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Baldy

My sister is going bald. For good reason.

She's doing some charity thing where she raises a bunch of money for kids with cancer, and then she will SHAVE HER HEAD. Well, someone else will do the actual deed of shaving her head, but the point is, she's taking the plunge.

The first time she told me about it, I tried to talk her out of it, inadvertently. I think I just said a bunch of stuff like, "What??" and "Why in the hell would you do that??"

Later when we talked about it, she was freaking out about shearing off the locks.

Tonight when I talked to her about it, she was completely on board. "Do you know how much I'll save on hair products?" she asked.

Please, if you can, donate to this worthy cause. You can find her pledge page here. Doesn't she look like the darker, shorter, more endowed version of me?

There are two other women from her CSI lab who are part of her team, and their pledge page is here. You can donate at either page, though as you can see from the photo on the team page, my sister has a lot more hair to lose than those other chicks, so I suggest you make it worth her while, since I made the mistake of not putting it in her name and got chewed out for it.

But either way, even a few bucks helps. She latched onto this endeavor with my very own daughter in mind, so I'd like to pay her back with a little flat-out solicitation on her behalf.

Please?

No comments: