Thursday, March 08, 2007

Cold feet

We went back to see the house tonight. I was so excited, and I told our real estate lady that I could see where all my furniture was going to go. I knew what color each wall was going to be. I showed Zoe the bedrooms and told her she had her choice.

She picked one based on the fact that it had a small coat rack tacked to the wall. "I can hang my sweaters in this one."

We also discovered hardwood floors under some of the carpets... what a great surprise! And we discovered the house is wired for a sound system. Bonus! The whole house looked even better than the first time we looked at it.

Joe was rather ho-hum. Not down on it, not enthusiastic. I couldn't read him. So Joanne asked what we'd like to offer. Joe was vague. "Take the last sale price and add the cost of the central AC installation."

Um, OK...

Zoe was rolling around on the floor giggling while I was talking to Joanne about the details. I heard Joe bark at her, "Stand up and stand still! Zip that coat and don't move until we leave!"

Joanne gasped.

And I froze.

Then Joe's phone rang... he took a call from one of his daughters, and stayed on the phone until we got in the car. He only hung up then because, as he told his daughter, he's not allowed to talk on the phone while driving, per my instructions.


And all of a sudden, buying a house with him didn't seem like such a good idea.

No comments: