Saturday, April 21, 2007

The gloves are off

I got this gem from Joe last night, after I told him if he couldn't speak to me without hostility, he could get any information he needs through my lawyer:

Not telling me how my son is wouldn't seem to be a way to bolster your custody petition. I guess every lawyer has his own strategy.

You might think or hope or expect this has angered, upset or hurt me. Not in the least. My custody complaint and Generations filing were to be filed this afternoon or Monday morning. Now, we can answer your complaint.

This is the forum I've long wanted to make my case. I want and will pursue custody of my son publicly, aggressively, relentlessly, with no regard to expense and your feelings.

You know why? Because this isn't about you. It's about Jacob. He deserves better than you. Yes, I believe, in fact I know I am better than you.

We've observed each other in close quarters for about a year. My observational skills are acute, so, despite my inherent disadvantage of being male, I feel good about my chances.

You are a bad parent, and you are blind to the evidence right before your eyes.

I'm not.



Lovely, ain't it?

I closed on my house last night. At the end of signing my life away (I offered my firstborn, because I'm such a bad parent, but they declined), they all shook my hand and waited for my reaction. I guess I was supposed to jump up and down with glee. But all this crap shadowing it... it just doesn't seem like a dream come true anymore.

But I'm sure, a year from now when this is all behind me, I will truly appreciate cutting my own grass and shoveling snow from my own driveway. With my children playing nearby.

No comments: