Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happy two months

Jacob got a round of four shots today. It was painful, for me as much as him.

The rest of the day wasn't much more fun. Mr. Sunshine was way crankier than usual.

It's 2 a.m. and I've plugged him into a bottle, and now I'm waiting for the Tylenol to work. But while I was feeding him.... he was looking all lovingly into my eyes, like there was no where else on earth that he'd rather be than in his mom's arms, so content and peaceful, forgetting momentarily about the throbbing in his needle-ridden thighs. If it were a movie, there would be an instrumental playing in the background and I wouldn't have been looking away from his gaze to watch Conan. Maybe a butterfly would have landed on his head, or soft cartoon hearts would have swelled up between us and drifted off the screen....

And then I burped.

And Jacob spit out his bottle to give me a huge-ass smile.

Such a boy.

No comments: