Tuesday, February 27, 2007

On cue

My boss called me today. It was the first time I had heard from him since a message he left just before Christmas.

His cell phone broke up a lot, so I didn't understand a lot of what he said. He mentioned something about me getting a flat-screen monitor, talked a little about someone new he had hired, and asked if he could sing to me something from "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat." I said no, but he did anyway. Then he told me to call him next week so we could 'touch base."

It was very bizarre.

I guess I'm going back to work.



Joe's birthday is tomorrow. When he wasn't looking, I went out and acquired $150+ worth of carnations, and while he was sleeping this evening, I made a bunch of arrangements and placed them throughout the house. I wish I could be awake when he saw them, but I'd rather he wake up to a great birthday surprise than satisfy my need for validation.

I think everyone should wake up to a great birthday. Especially when people don't know what the hell to get you.

No comments: