Friday, February 23, 2007

Moooo

I feel like a beached cow.

It's been two months now since I've given birth. In the first month, I lost every ounce I gained during the pregnancy. I was pleased by how everything just melted off, and I was more pleased to compare the weight loss to the sympathy pounds Joe collected -- and keeps collecting -- around his midsection.

But my body is still a little lumpy, obviously a little more lumpy in the torso area. And in the second month, nothing changed. I am too small for the maternity clothes and too big to get into my favorite jeans. (This is why God invented sweats.)

I thought tonight about how I might start doing a little exercising... but exercising requires a regular shower and... time. I know women actually manage all this baby stuff and the getting in shape stuff, but I'm left wondering how. The boy is so very unpredictable as far as a schedule. And for the life of me, I can't remember taking any extraordinary measures after Zoe.

I do have curves in all the right places again; just a few in the wrong places. And I can feel bones I haven't felt in a few years, and I don't want to risk them getting covered over. But what to do?? How can I find the time?

It's hard to decide when Jacob is actually settled for a nap of any substantial length, and it's even harder to resist taking a nap along with him.

It's also hard to resist mac 'n' cheese, chocolate in any form, ice cream, whipped cream, stuffing, bread, butter, bread with butter, strawberry Quik or Mallo cups.

I can't imagine what my problem is.

No comments: