Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Homing in

Fuck, I can't believe I'm going back to work.

Just like that.

Two weeks left.

I've been shopping for a home for, what, a year now, and haven't taken it very seriously since I hit my third trimester. I've been dabbling in the MLS listings since I gave birth, still not so serious because I thought I wouldn't be going back to work right away. But then I had that meaningful (not) conversation with my boss, and the next day got an email from my real estate agent with THIS GEM.

This link won't work forever, so if it's not working, let me describe it: It's a funky house, not too old, not too big, with the exact things we wanted: two full baths, two-car garage, forced air heat (central air would have been nice, but the ducts will at least allow us to have it easily) and a great school district. And it has things we only dreamed about: a finished game room AND a family room ON TOP OF a living room, very decent-sized rooms and two fireplaces.

The location is awesome. I COULD DIE IN THIS HOUSE.

Knowing this is within my reach if I go back to work, it ain't so bad.

No comments: