Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Here we go again

"Hook me up a new revolution
'Cause this one is a lie."

-- Learn to Fly, Foo Fighters



Jacob got up last night at about 2 a.m. Joe decided, I guess, that he was going to show me how it's done since he had all that experience being stuck at home with him yesterday.

We ended up, um, talking, about what he was upset about. He told me I was insulting him if I didn't know, but I really didn't, so he told me.

He was upset that Bob saw the baby.

Yeah. As if the baby would turn to stone or something. As if he doesn't see Bob's child every single day.

I asked Joe what we were going to do about it, and he said he was thinking about it. "I'm this close," he said.

"This close to what?"

"Asking you to get out."

I ended up giving him his ring back, and told him that if he ever felt like he meant it, he could give it back.

After giving it thought today, if he does give it back, it will be with plenty of conditions, including counseling to figure out what the fuck his beef is with Bob, someone who he's never even met. And it's not like Bob's going away, he's Zoe's dad for crying out loud. I also want him to figure out why he completely shuts down and then overreacts to, what seem to me, stupid fucking things. OMIGOD, BOB SAW THE BABY. CALL THE POLICE.

I am rather tired of Joe pulling the rug out from under me every couple of months. This is what, the fourth time that he's alluded to wanting me to get out of his house? That averages out to about once every three months. Shit, what if Bob lived in the same city? We might be doing this every weekend.

This instability is not fair to my kids. Or me. His hostility is completely irrational.

Jesus, I can't wait until he goes to Florida.

No comments: