Saturday, January 13, 2007

I remember when I lost my mind...

"When you're out there, without care,
Yeah, I was out of touch.
But it wasn't because I didn't know enough:
I just knew too much."

-- Crazy, Gnarls Barkley


Joe is planning a trip to visit his daughters in Florida next weekend. He'll be gone for five days.

I think I was the last to know.

I was understandably upset when he told me about it. It seems he arranged for a plane ticket and told his kids when he was coming... and he just didn't think to run it by me.

Jacob has been difficult lately. Crying inconsolably. During the week I have been up at night with him, crying right along with him. Last night, since it was the weekend, I coaxed Joe into staying awake so he could help me with him. Joe about went out of his mind, and again tonight. He's been telling anyone who will listen that he's convinced we have a colicky baby. I don't disagree.

And he's off to Florida for five days.


I'm going out of my mind.

No comments: